Friday, May 15, 2009

Back in Town

Well, the good news is I'm back in town. The bad news is that even though I visted the farm today, and our tomato and pepper starts at the Sauvie Island Organics greenhouse, and Danny up at Skyline Farm, I totally failed to take any photos. Instead, here's a photo of peas germinating.

"Peas Germinating" From SHF CSA


I probably shouldn't have posted that. The peas are looking absolutely beautiful right now, I'll try to take a photo of them soon. Unfortunately the last time I posted a photo of a germinating crop - the arugula - it was also looking beautiful. Apparently some of the recent temperature swings have been unkind to the arugula and it's not looking nearly as happy any more. It's a long way to ripe peas from here so I hope they continue to do well. Part of the point of this CSA, and this blog, is to keep you connected to what's happening on the farm, and I'm going to try let in a little of the not so great here as well as the great. I'll see if I can get a photo of the Arugula too.

We've been hoping to harvest the first share next week. I'm going to head out tomorrow, do a little more thorough assessment of where the crops are at - we definitely have radishes, the lettuce, chard, and kale are a little small but possible additions. We'll see what all of this sun brings us as well.

A big thank you to everyone who has signed up for the CSA. I'm still getting the final tally but we're up in the 30 member neighborhood and feeling pretty good about that. I've really enjoyed getting all the little notes in the mail from all of you and we're looking forward to slowly paying off in veggies this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment