Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hanging on by a thread


Things have been doing pretty well on the farm but I feel like I'm just barely hanging on sometimes. The right half of the above photo is Slow Hand Farm, the left is Edible Horizons, Kji's operation that runs right next to mine. Kji pulled up in a super fancy truck today, I didn't recognize him at first. Unfortunately it's because his van, with all of his tools got stolen earlier this week. That's the kind of thing that feels like it would put me over the edge right now. Somehow he was still out, harvesting for his members, working with a few old tools he has, driving a borrowed truck. 

The share today was basically the same as Monday's so check out the post for Monday if you're interested. All of the Siberian garlic came out today so you'll be seeing more of that soon once I separate out the seed for next year. Into the garlic bed I finally got the celery, a bit of cilantro and the rest of the celeriac planted. 

On my way out the door to do deliveries the battery on the delivery bike malfunctioned. It's probably just a loose connection somewhere but I didn't have time to troubleshoot it so it was all human power for the trip to town. I've kind of been wanting to see how different it is without the electric motor, so this was the perfect excuse. The good news is that it's completely doable, and not that bad either. It does take a bit longer, especially up the hills, and it definitely takes a bit more work, but in the end, not that bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment