Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What to do with your share

From SHF CSA


Our job is to pack up the shares every week and get them to the drop sites so that you can pick them up and eat them. Danny and I take home shares as well each week so I thought I'd share a few of the meals I've been making from the shares and we'd love to hear what you're doing with them as well.

From SHF CSA


The quantities of items that we're giving lend themselves to accents and side dishes. A couple of weeks ago when there was spinach in the share I wilted it quickly in hot olive oil and topped a pizza with it. Another pizza got broccoli raab and radish greens. The radish itself got used with a bunch of the lettuces and turned into a nice side salad with a mustard dressing. We still have about six shares available so I got a little extra spinach that week and used it on top of homemade tortillas with green garlic from another farm and new potatoes from my garden.

From SHF CSA


If you'd like to supplement your existing shares with more produce, we have several shares available and we're willing to sell them on a weekly basis to existing members, or you could just buy an entire extra share for the season - contact me if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment