Thursday, October 4, 2012

Cleaning Up From Summer


Today's share is more or less the same as Monday's, not everyone got a cucumber, but there was an extra pepper in every share. The tomatoes are slowing way down with this cooler streak as well, and I actually saw a little frost on the grass this morning, although I'm sure it was just due to a clear sky. 

This afternoon I pulled all of the summer squash and cucumber plants to make way for cover crops. The plants were pretty close to dead already, although they were still trying to make more fruit. I also pulled all of the drip tape out of the fields to make it easier to clear space for the cover crops, and in hopes that it will rain one day. In the mean time I have some sprinkler lines that I'm using to irrigate the fall crops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment