Sunday, October 14, 2012

Late Post, and Walnuts?



Thursday was a cold damp day. It didn't rain, but you could tell is was going to and I'm glad it did because I held off on irrigating, glad to at least be done with that. I'm a bit late with the post because I've been a little under the weather for the last week and I'm very behind with everything because of it. It was actually the first delivery by car I've done in months and it felt a little strange. I was sad to not be on the bike, but I just didn't have the energy. The good news is that just before the rain I did manage to get quite a bit of cover crop seed in, which I hope will now come up strongly.

I wanted to mention that a friend of mine who recently bought a walnut orchard in the Canby area is offering u-pick walnuts, kind of a unique experience. He also has walnuts that aren't u-pick. You can find out more at his new website - http://torlanorchard.com

No comments:

Post a Comment