Thursday, May 17, 2012

Thanks to Kji

Kji was kind enough to harvest and deliver for me. He also sent me this lovely photo to post on the blog. Looks like today's share has a bit of gold browning romaine lettuce, which is still quite young. There are also a few hakurei turnips, sweet and crisp raw, and the greens can be cooked as well. Chive blossoms and oregano make up the rest of the share. The blossoms can be used raw crumbled over salad, or try soaking them in white vinegar to make chive vinegar. The oregano is good fresh but you can also hang it in a paper bag with holes to dry it for later use. There is also a handful of spinach that should be good raw or cooked.

I'll be back next week, and I hope we'll continue to have excellent weather so I can catch up on plantings.

No comments:

Post a Comment