Monday, July 23, 2012

Blast from the past

Danny Percich paid a little visit this morning. For those of you who don't know, Danny and I started this operation four years ago before he took off to Washington to start his own farm and family. Both Kji and I are taking vacation days next Monday so Danny has generously agreed to harvest and water for us.

Meanwhile, today's harvest is slightly lighter than last week's, but has many of the same items. It's the season for lettuce and summer squash. Today's lettuce head is a romaine called brown golding. The second fava pick was lighter than I hoped so there's just a small handful. Beets make it into the share today, and the tops are good for cooking as well. The new item for this season is a small bunch of cilantro, with the roots. I found out this year that the roots are good for cooking along with the tops so I'm including them.

No tomatoes or cucumbers yet, but they are looking good and I'm hoping we'll have some soon. The bed prep for fall plantings continues. I'll probably be out extra this week getting caught up and hopefully a bit ahead to make up for taking off next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment