Thursday, July 19, 2012

Mowing and Planting


A productive day on the farm, but still I seem to be a bit behind on planting, and especially on keeping unused beds clear. The share is the same as Monday so take a look at that post if you're curious. After harvest and packing today I was able to get a bit of mowing around the edges and in the field done. I also managed to plant the second round of beans for late summer and seed another round of carrots, as well as some dill. This year has been a disaster for carrots. I'm not sure exactly why, but they are just not doing well and I've used up all of my seed at this point. I'll have to order a bit more for the winter seeding later this month. I think I'll be putting in a bit of extra work next week to catch back up on the plantings. By the end of this month most of the plantings will be finished with and I can start concentrating on other things, like bigger harvests.

No comments:

Post a Comment