|From SHF 2011|
Monday I finally got the planting plan finalized for the season and all printed out, at which point I realized we were a couple of weeks behind on greenhouse seeding. Not really such a big deal, but it really is time to be getting starts going in the greenhouse so Kji and I made a little trip to the building supply today to get a few parts for upgrading our "reach in" greenhouse to a "reach in" greenhouse with a built in germination chamber - very fancy. We didn't quite finish getting it all set up, but we did manage to seed 10 flats of lettuce and spinach, and hook up the water and bottom heat so that they'll have a good chance at germinating before we get back from a farming conference next week.
Some of the most exciting news (for us) is that the spring CSA shares might actually be full. This would mark the first season where we actually filled up in advance, and that's really what we need to be doing every season to make this sustainable. I say might because I haven't actually entered all the names into the system yet, or received payment, but I'm optimistic.