Thursday, August 30, 2012

Harvest changes

Today's harvest is a little different than Monday's. In the herb department, dill stands in for the sage and basil that Thursday saw in prior weeks. Dill is commonly used to make a dressing for vegetables with yogurt. It can also be dried for later use by hanging upside down. In the carrot department, juane du doubs subs for napoli. This is a yellow carrot, which I should have more of soon. It can be eaten fresh but I like it better cooked. I usually dice it and then sauté it with other vegetables.

I'm still working on the final plantings for fall and winter. With a little luck I'll be done with those next week. Today I pulled all of the shallots to make way for frisee and spinach. Turnips are also on the list to be planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment