Thursday, September 6, 2012

Another different share





Once again the Thursday share differs quite a bit from Monday, but did I take a new photo? No. So you'll have to make do with this photo of the new deck on the cart and right behind that one of the last plantings of the year, a bit of frisee for fall.

Beans were ready today so I picked those and there were quite a few. The variety is Jade which is a new one for me and seems to have a very concentrated set. It's bit bigger than the slenderettes that were in the share a few weeks ago. Also, since dill was in last Thursday's share, and I cut the remainder on Monday I switched over to cilantro today, and the basil also needed a pinch so there's some of that too.

It's a busy weekend coming up. I'll be teaching at the first Small Farm School at Clackamas Community College on Saturday. The topic is farm tools, one of my favorites. My uncle and aunt are also coming to town for the first time since I've lived here (13 years now). I may have to slip in a quick farm tour to their agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment