Thursday, November 29, 2012

Short Days of Fall




Today's share is the same as Monday's so check out the last post if you want to see a photo. The photo above is part of the winter plantings (in my back yard). Behind that fence is the other part of the winter plantings, in the neighbor's yard (who are wonderful folks to let me rip up their lawn, and CSA members as well). Not only is there not much daylight these days, but my time out at the farm has drastically compressed into just a few hours in the middle of the day. I work in the office in the morning, ostensibly planning for next season but also catching up on emails and other little tasks that have been piling up. It's too cold to harvest, and usually much wetter first thing in the morning. It's a bit ironic because in the summer I try to harvest as early as possible before it gets too hot and dry. Deliveries are definitely getting me home in the dark these days, It's great to see that there are still lots of cyclists commuting even in this dark, wet season. I'm appreciating a good lighting system on the bike, and a full complement of excellent rain gear. Amazingly for how much it rains, It's often dry(ish) on my rides and during harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment